Missing value imputation: delta values

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
blackaddr

Missing value imputation: delta values

Post by blackaddr »

Dear all,
Last week, I tried to perform sensitivity analysis for missing values using the MLWin Macro. I run random intercept models on proportions as the dependent variable. I have a cross-national data set with 17 countries and 25000 respondents, 3500 of which have a missing value on income. Hence, I want to assess how sensitive my models are.
At first, all goes well according to the outlines of the pdf-document available on the website.
However, when I run the si macro, I can only explore values of delta between -0.3 and +0.2. Otherwise (with higher or lower delta's) I get the following error:
"error while obeying batch file sens_analysis/calc_weights.txt at line number 22: calc c803= expo(-c803)
Numeric error(s) in calculate command. Affected entries replaced with system missing.. See output window for details."
Could anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? Are there ways to fix or circumvent this issue?