Calculating CI variables in multi level multiple regression models

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
HHawleyHague

Calculating CI variables in multi level multiple regression models

Post by HHawleyHague »

Hi everyone
I have used MLwIN as part of a study to do linear and logistic multiple MLM and we calculated the CI for the variables manually using 1.96 calculation. However, I have since been advised by the statistician (who I worked with)- that he has identified that these are wrong as it does not consider the different levels (we hand calculated the p values as well and I did notice that some of the CI overlapped when the p-values were significant). I really want to amend this now I know, but we cannot establish how we calculate them.

STATA provides CI but calculates the models in a slightly different way.

are you able to give us any advice to do this from the MLWiN output (manually Is fine)?

I am not a statistician by any means but I can share your response with the statistician I have worked with if I do not understand!

Many Thanks
Helen
GeorgeLeckie
Site Admin

Re: Calculating CI variables in multi level multiple regression models

Post by GeorgeLeckie »

Hi Helen,

In the latest version of MLwiN, the Model Comparison window now gives you p-values and 95% confidence intervals for each regression coefficient if you tick the relevant check boxes.

Best wishes

George
HHawleyHague

Re: Calculating CI variables in multi level multiple regression models

Post by HHawleyHague »

Hi George
Thank you, that is excellent news! So all I have to do now is download the new software and enter my final models again.

Brilliant

Helen