PISA data analysis

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
JGLadwig

PISA data analysis

Post by JGLadwig »

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone has used MLWin to analyse an individual country's PISA data (Australia here). There are two main questions I'm trying to get my head around: 1) how to handle the given weights (I note a previous other post on this received no reply -- in which the experimental status of the current weights function was noted), and 2) how to deal with the plausible values (there are five given for each achievement/ test domain). The PISA manuals are only partially helpful, but not completely; and I can not find any publlished reports of multi-level anlayses of PISA that really explain how these issues were handled). (There are nice examples for HLM users, which has a PV function -- but I made the shift to MLWin long ago...)

Any help? Anyone?

Thanks in advance

James