longitudinal data analysis - mixed model regression

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
pscs2

longitudinal data analysis - mixed model regression

Post by pscs2 »

Hi,

I am trying to explain why a football player gets released (0) or retained (1) by a youth football programme after each season(dichotomous outcome) on the basis of fitness variables (predictors), across time.
My data set started in 2007 where I measured several continuous predictors such as height, mass, agility in players from the following age groups (U9, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, U18). I re-tested this group of players (the players retained anyway, and new players came in) about 3 times a season for the next four seasons.
However, at the end of each season the U18s ‘graduate’ and there is a new intake at the U9 age group as the players move to the next age group (as in a school system). I therefore have varying repeated measures on these participants.
I thought a mixed model logistic regression would be suitable with repeated measures at level 1 and the player at level 2.
Any thoughts / advice would be appreciated.

Chris