Creating a Fitted Line/Line of Best Fit

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
rajgoa90

Creating a Fitted Line/Line of Best Fit

Post by rajgoa90 »

Dear MLwiN team/forum,

I was hoping for some help. I have created a customised graph in the form of a spaghetti plot. Each individual line is longitudinal measures for a particular individual but I need to overlay the graph with a line of best fit for entire group collectively. Is there any way I can do this?

Thank you for your help in advance
ChrisCharlton

Re: Creating a Fitted Line/Line of Best Fit

Post by ChrisCharlton »

There is not automatic way to do this, so you would need to create a new data column containing the values for the line of best fit (possibly by generating a prediction), then click on a blank row under ds # in customised graphs and add details for the line to overlay a plot for this to your graph.