Heteroscedasticity

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
RinaStatistics

Heteroscedasticity

Post by RinaStatistics »

Hi,

I wonder if there exists some kind of thumb-rule for finding which level-1 predictors should be allowed to have heterogeneity in the random part. In the book "Developing multilevel models for analyzing contextuality, heterogeneity and change using MLwiN3" on page 78-79 it only says that increasing of standard error show that something is misspecified.
Thank you for the help.
billb

Re: Heteroscedasticity

Post by billb »

Hi Rina,
Presumably you can do a likelihood ratio test between the models with and without heterogeneity and keep those predictors that make a significant difference in the random part?
Best wishes,
Bill.
TinaNamdev

Post by TinaNamdev »

I wonder if there exists some kind of thumb-rule for finding which level-1 predictors should be allowed to have heterogeneity in the random part
Brinkley

Post by Brinkley »

TinaNamdev wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:19 am I wonder if there exists quality product like these mig welders and some kind of thumb-rule for finding which level-1 predictors should be allowed to have heterogeneity in the random part
That would save so much time! I'm guessing nothing like that exists judging by the lack of responses?