error importing the model results from MLwiN

Welcome to the forum for runmlwin users. Feel free to post your question about runmlwin here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go to runmlwin: Running MLwiN from within Stata >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/runmlwin/
SoumavaBasu

error importing the model results from MLwiN

Post by SoumavaBasu »

Hi,
I am trying the runmlwin command using MLwiN trial version on my data. I started with a very simple command:

runmlwin tb cons, level2(v001: cons) level1(individual:) discrete(distribution(binomial) link(logit) denominator(cons) pql2) nopause

[where, v001 is cluster indicator]

However, I receive an error message:

runmlwin has encountered an error importing the model results from MLwiN. Check that the model has run properly in MLwiN.

r(198);

What does this error message actually indicate and how do I check if the model has run properly in MLwiN.

Thanks,
Soumava
ChrisCharlton

Re: error importing the model results from MLwiN

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Is this the first time that you have used -runmlwin- on this machine? If so I would suggest starting with some of the examples in the help file to make sure that it is set up correctly. If the command works elsewhere then I would suggest removing the nopause option so that MLwiN stays open when the command is run, and then checking whether there are any errors reported there.