A question about error:“Macro file not found(OBEY)”

Welcome to the forum for runmlwin users. Feel free to post your question about runmlwin here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go to runmlwin: Running MLwiN from within Stata >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/runmlwin/
vinkchen

A question about error:“Macro file not found(OBEY)”

Post by vinkchen »

Hi, i am a beginner of runmlwin, now i am following the guide to learn. However,when i ran the example1 in help runmlwin in stata12 , there is a error that"Macro file not found(OBEY)".I have run the following command in stata:
.global MLwiN_path "C:\Program Files\MLwiN trial\mlwin.exe"
. use http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/media/runmlwin/tutorial, clear
. runmlwin normexam cons standlrt, level2(school: cons) level1(student: cons) nopause
and then the Mlwin mlwin started, then the Stata12 prompted the error "Macro file not found(OBEY)".
I would like to know what the problem is?

thinks

vinkchen
ChrisCharlton

Re: A question about error:“Macro file not found(OBEY)”

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Could you please try running the command again, but this time with the option viewfullmacro added to the end?, i.e.

Code: Select all

runmlwin normexam cons standlrt, level2(school: cons) level1(student: cons) nopause viewfullmacro
This should pop up a window containing the MLwiN commands to fit the model. Could you let us know the file name that it is using for this (it should be in the address bar at the top of the window), and the contents of the script file that it is displaying?
vinkchen

Re: A question about error:“Macro file not found(OBEY)”

Post by vinkchen »

Hi ChrisCharlton ,
I ran the command with the option viewfullmacro added to the end, and the model ran properly in MLwiN. And then i ran the command without the option viewfullmacro, the error disappeared and the model also be estimated properly.
Thanks for your enthusiastic help.
vinkchen