Installing runmlwin on a non-net-aware PC

Welcome to the forum for runmlwin users. Feel free to post your question about runmlwin here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go to runmlwin: Running MLwiN from within Stata >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/runmlwin/
pauline3897

Installing runmlwin on a non-net-aware PC

Post by pauline3897 »

Hi,

Due to data confidentiality issues, I have to run my analysis on a standalone PC that is not connected to the internet. I have STATA and MLwiN installed - is there any way that I would be able to install runmlwin on a non-net PC? I presume it would involve copying a file on to a memory stick and transferring it across. Is such a file available?

Thank you for your help with this,
Pauline
GeorgeLeckie
Site Admin

Re: Installing runmlwin on a non-net-aware PC

Post by GeorgeLeckie »

Yes, that's right

First install runmlwin on a PC that is net aware. Then copy the relevant files across to your standalone PC

The files which you will need to copy are...

mcmcsum.ado
mcmcsum.hlp
mcmcsum.sthlp

runmlwin.ado
runmlwin.hlp
runmlwin.sthlp
runmlwin_getversion.plugin
runmlwin_mcmcdiag.ado
runmlwin_mcmcdiagnostics.plugin
runmlwin_qshell.ado
runmlwin_quietshell.plugin
runmlwin_verinfo.ado

savewsz.ado
savewsz.hlp
savewsz.sthlp

Once you have installed runmlwin on your net aware PC, you should be able to find these files within the m, r and s subfolders of your PLUS folder. To find out the location of your PLUS folder use the sysdir command. Simply copy these files over to corresponding m, r and s subfolders of the PLUS folder on your standalone PC.

Best wishes

George
pauline3897

Re: Installing runmlwin on a non-net-aware PC

Post by pauline3897 »

Thank you very much, this is very useful.

And great news that I will still be able to use runmlwin!

Best wishes,
Pauline