Bounding of values in 2LevelImpute

Welcome to the forum for Stat-JR users. Feel free to post your question about Stat-JR here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

We will add further support to the Stat-JR website, such as FAQs and tutorials, as soon as it is available; the Stat-JR website can be found here: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/statjr/
shakespeare

Bounding of values in 2LevelImpute

Post by shakespeare »

I think the answer to this question is no, but I'll pose it anyway. Suppose I have an outcome variable (y) with missing data that has four possible values (0-3). Say the first two are for those who survive (x=0) and the last two for non-survivors (x=1). Therefore, imputations for missing data for x=1 must be from y=0 or 1, and for x=1 from y=2 or 3. Other imputation software like IVEware allow bounding of the imputations to account for these features in the data, but I can't find any way to do it in the 2LevelImpute template. Can it be done? Thx.
richardparker

Re: Bounding of values in 2LevelImpute

Post by richardparker »

Hi - thanks for your post - you're right: that isn't possible with the 2LevelImpute template.

Best wishes,

Richard