Runmlwin Wrong Parameters

Welcome to the forum for runmlwin users. Feel free to post your question about runmlwin here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go to runmlwin: Running MLwiN from within Stata >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/runmlwin/
EnnoKohlisch

Runmlwin Wrong Parameters

Post by EnnoKohlisch »

Hi there,
I am using MLwin 3.08 and after running the IGLS procedure to obtain initial values for an MCMC model and running:

Code: Select all

runmlwin `Model', ///
	level3(id3: cons) level2(id2: cons) level1(id1:) ///
	discrete(distribution(binomial) link(logit) denom(cons)) ///
	mlwinpath($MLwiNPath) mcmc(on burnin(500) chain(5000) orthogonal) initsprevious
where i get the error message "wrong parameters". I tried to change my decimal seperator to "." in my windows settings (https://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/ ... rrors.html) which results in the same error message. When i provide initsb(b) and initsv(V) where i set the values to larger than 1 or 0 everything runs fine except i have initial values that are probably not the best. Therefore I do suspects that it is indeed a problem with the decimal seperator. Within MLwin itself (without using STATA runmlwin) the model also runs fine. When i use the trial version (2.36) the above stated STATA commands works perfectly fine and runs without errors. I am using windows 11.

Best regards
Enno
ChrisCharlton

Re: Runmlwin Wrong Parameters

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Could you please try adding the viewfullmacro option to your runmlwin command and post the MLwiN script that this generates?
Manisoa12

Post by Manisoa12 »

The decimal separator is probably the culprit, I'm afraid. Additionally, the model works well within MLwin.
run 3
Pixelf123

Post by Pixelf123 »

It seems like you're encountering an issue with the decimal separator when running the `runmlwin` command in Stata. Given that you've already tried changing the decimal separator in your Windows settings without success, and the model runs fine within MLwiN itself and in the trial version, it may be a compatibility or configuration issue with the specific version of MLwiN and Stata you are using.run 3