svyset compatibility with runmlwin

Welcome to the forum for runmlwin users. Feel free to post your question about runmlwin here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go to runmlwin: Running MLwiN from within Stata >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/runmlwin/
ja175441

svyset compatibility with runmlwin

Post by ja175441 »

Hi there,
I am using data from the Millenium Cohort Study (MCS) to run some trajectory models through runmlwin. The MCS provide stata code to adjust for the clustering and sample design:
svyset sptn00 [pweight=""], strata(pttype2) fpc(nh2)
However, this doesn't seem compatible with runmlwin (Error message: runmlwin is not supported by svy with vce(linearized))

Do you have any suggestions for incorporating these adjustments into my model through runmlwin or is my best bet to use a different package? (like meglm)

Thank you in advance!
ChrisCharlton

Re: svyset compatibility with runmlwin

Post by ChrisCharlton »

I asked George about this and he suggested that the weighting options in MLwiN might do what you want. Unfortunately we don't provide much documentation for this, but you can see how to specify them by looking at the options in the runmlwin help file, i.e.

Code: Select all

help runmlwin