REQUEST FOR HELP

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
collinsanusa

REQUEST FOR HELP

Post by collinsanusa »

I need your help from those who use MLN software. I have a problem with estimates for a two level model. It is failing to give estimates after I definite first and second level . The first level is household and the second level is village. When I click on estimate/start , the message "Explanatory variables are different lengths (offsets 1)" appears. What could be the problem?
It is binary logistic regression model; the outcome variable is on Whether the participant washes hands with soap or not ,and there are two levels, household and village. It's a model deprived from data collected at household and village levels. There are 850 households nested in 45 villages.

Many thanks in advance .

Collins
ChrisCharlton

Re: REQUEST FOR HELP

Post by ChrisCharlton »

MLwiN allows the worksheet columns to have different lengths, however any that are used in the model (including level identifiers, etc) must contain the same number of rows. The error message suggests that this is not the case for your model so I would suggest looking the the Data Manipulation>Names window to check this. It is also worth looking at either the Model>Equations or Model>Hierarchy Viewer windows to check that these match your expectations for the level structure.