Usin runMLwiN on a mac

Welcome to the forum for runmlwin users. Feel free to post your question about runmlwin here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go to runmlwin: Running MLwiN from within Stata >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/runmlwin/
epetherick

Usin runMLwiN on a mac

Post by epetherick »

Hi all,
I am being incredibly indecisive in making a new laptop purchase and would value your opinions as runMLwiN users and Stata users. I am wondering if there are any current mac users who can offer their opinion on using MLwiN and runMLwiN on mac, a) do you use bootcamp or other simulators such as parrallels - if so what do you recommend? b) is it slower or does it run at a similar speeds to a native windows environment? Do you need to use Stata in Windows rather than in Mac to utilise runMLwin? With the exception of MLwiN all other programmes I'd be wanting to use are available in mac format. Any other thoughts or suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Emily